Ballast Research is a research and consulting firm that helps government affairs professionals build, deepen, and advance their advocacy efforts at the federal and state levels.
We are looking for an outstanding Research Manager to join our team to lead a portfolio of programs in our growing State Research practice. This position will report directly to the Head of Research, will work alongside our Manager of State Research, and will manage 3-5 staff. The position will work closely with our outreach team, client service team, and client partners.
The desired start date for this position is late March or early April 2020.
Research Planning: Responsible for taking all necessary steps to prepare each state market for appropriate research execution with the support of one or more research analysts, including but not limited to: market sizing viable research prospects, primary and secondary research on the advocacy environment of the individual states, developing and coordinating project plans across all state jurisdictions, and working with the client service team to build the most effective study set.
Research Execution: From pre-launch (building contact lists, developing outreach strategies, ensuring surveys are programmed, creating interview scripts) all the way through execution (ongoing survey monitoring, outreach troubleshooting, quality control meetings) to ensure that all data is collected in an efficient and sustainable manner to serve Ballast’s clients with the highest quality research.
Team & Project Management: Oversee the project work of 3-5 research analysts who each have primary responsibility over 1-3 states. Ensure their work is completed in a timely, high-quality manner and oversee their individual career development. Serve as their advocate and thought partner to ensure success and continued growth.
We are seeking candidates with the following experience:
- 3-5 years of experience in research, consulting, or professional services
- At least 1-3 years of experience managing and developing talent
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Experience and interest in:
- Outreach: devising and executing strategies to recruit difficult-to-engage audiences
- Qualitative research: Conducting interviews with senior audiences
- Content: Strong analytical skills with qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience with Qualtrics and Salesforce preferred but not required
- Academic background in social sciences a plus
Atlantic Media, Inc. and its affiliates (“Atlantic Media”) are Equal Opportunity Employers. We do not discriminate against our applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.